We are pleased to invite all biomedical Students to submit an abstract for the poster presentation (Abstract submissions is open!). Posters may depict an original work or a case report.
Please consider the leading motto of the Conference: Health and education outcomes of children across Europe with congenital anomalies. Therefore, your work should concentrate on the aspects of children that have experienced any congenital anomalies.
All accepted posters will be displayed in a designated area for the entire duration of the Conference. It is possible to attend the session online only.
Participation (passive and active) in the EUROlinkCAT Conference is entirely free of charge.
Abstract topics include:
1. Students´ Scientific session is a part of Conference Health and education outcomes of children across Europe with congenital anomalies, intended for students of all biomedical degrees.
2. Students’ Scientific session will take place on the 7th and 8th of April 2022. This may be changed upon the decisions of the Scientific Committee of the Conference.
3. Original research papers and case reports will be accepted in the session. Review papers, as well as papers that have already been published, will not be accepted.
4. The official language of the session is English.
5. Participation in the Conference and Students’ Scientific session is free.
6. The abstract should include the introduction, aim of the study, materials and methods, results, conclusions. When a case report is being submitted, it must consist of 3 parts: introduction, case report and conclusions.
7. The abstract for both the original paper and case report cannot be longer than 3000 signs with spaces.
8. The abstract should include the title of the paper, authors´ names and affiliations - the University/the Hospital/the Scientific Group/the Department. Personal details/affiliations are not included in the signs count. The abstract cannot contain grids, graphs or picture images.
9. Each paper can have an unlimited number of authors. Every participant may be an author of two papers.
Important deadlines and regulations concerning abstracts
10. The abstract has to be sent via registration form shared on the Conference’s page until the 15th of February 2022. The organizing committee reserves the right to elongate that period. Once a paper is sent, it cannot be corrected nor modified.
11. 12 best papers will be qualified for the session. The Jury may exclude those that do not coincide with the Conference’s topic.
12. Presenting authors will be informed via e-mail whether their abstract is accepted or not. All decisions are final and cannot be discussed.
Online poster session
18. The presentations should be sent in *.png format to the Organisers by 23:59 March 30th, 2022 (Warsaw time) via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). These posters will be for the use of the Jury and to be shown during the Conference.
19. To take part in the poster session, the participants have to record a short video corresponding to the paper sent. It should contain an introduction of themselves and a voiceover to the 5-slide-presentation covering their conference paper. The video should be put on YouTube and the link should be sent to the Organising Committee. It is possible to send a direct file with the video (.mov, .mp4). Please also send .pdf and .pptx/.ppt file of the presentation itself.
20. The Jury will asynchronously assess the posters as well as the videos with presentation and voiceover. They will prepare questions for the authors of the posters.
21. These 12 best and selected in advance posters will be assessed by the Jury on the 7th of April between 12:00 and 14:00 pm CEST.
22. During the poster session, active participants are obliged to connect with the Jury via Zoom (details will be shared in e-mail correspondence) during a specified time frame and be able to answer the questions from the Jury. They are obliged to have a functioning camera and internet connection.
23. The Three Winning Student Poster Presentations will be presented on Friday, 8th of April between 8:30 and 8:45 am CEST.
24. Active participation certificates will be sent via e-mail to all authors.
25. The three best papers will be chosen. The Jury will have the possibility to choose papers to be honorably mentioned.
26. The results will be presented during the Conference and on the Conference’s webpage.
27. The award-winning abstracts will have a chance of being published in a special edition of Birth Defects Research Journal (Wiley).
28. The committee will only communicate with the corresponding author (=the first author) of each paper.
29. Issues that are not mentioned here shall be settled by the organizing committee.
30. Authors and their tutors are obliged to accept these regulations while sending their abstracts.
Should you have any questions concerning Student’s Scientific Session, please write to us at email@example.com!